Sunday, August 30, 2009

A walk in the clouds..

We were on the way to Coorg, the Scotland of India. The trip was organized by our neighbors. It was after a long time, we were going to the hills.



These days, sometimes, I get very tensed. But I have observed that whenever I have something to ‘look forward to’; I handle the tense moments better. Planning a trip or a get together (that one can look forward to) helps. Of course, how much we spend will depend on time or budget limitations; but if we are serious about planning, we do succeed 80% of the times.

We had a lazy breakfast at Kamath’s (a restaurant at the outskirts of Bangalore). Raindrops greeted us as we moved ahead. We sang our favorite rain songs and flirted with raindrops.

I wished time to slow down.





We reached Kushalnagar around 1’o clock and stopped to see the Namdroling Nyingmapa Monastery at Bailkuppe. Nyingmapa is the most ancient of the four major schools of Tibetan Buddism and maintains the method of tantric teachings (vajrayana). We were at the largest Nyingmapa teaching center in the world.




I get envious of the life these monks live. They don’t have to learn from past or plan for future. They live in their present; and appear to be content and peaceful all the time.

Our next stop was Cauvery Nisargadhama, a small river island known for elephant rides and deer park. We had lunch and then a peaceful walk among the dense bamboo trees.




I enjoyed the fragrance of trees and soil; like a child nearer to the grass and mud.

Around 5 PM, we finally moved ahead towards Madikeri. Mesmerized with beauty of heavily forested hills, when we reached our reserved home-stay, we found ourselves surrounded by high hills.

I found myself at home.




Hills never fail to recognize me. It’s like home coming. It's like a lost love that appears more beautiful every next meeting.

Next morning I trekked among the coffee and pepper plantation along the slope. For next 2 days, I roamed around, saws waterfalls, had campfires.




I don't remember what all I did. I was too busy enjoying the present. I saw the clouds as near as I could touch them. I kept walking in them.

13 comments:

Jyothi said...

The coorg holiday was the best I ever had. Its a wonderful place and I just loved the feeling of that Monastery. Its Beautiful beyond words...

Thanks for dropping in on my blog..

How Do said...

Congratulations!!

You Know Me Very Well said...

Reading through your post, was like re-living my coorg experience.. thanks for all the wonderful details and the flow of this blog became even more wonderful with all the accompanying snaps... am glad you had such a good time... :)wish you more such trips...

Manish Raj said...

@ Jyothi - True. Thanks. Keep coming.

@ HDWK - Thanks. But why don't you share memories of your Sikkim trips. Kya haal chaal ? Busy ?

@ You Know... - Thank you. Tell us about trips as well. And thanks for such wishes.

workhard said...

WOW!!!

That seems like such a lovely place..

The pics came out so nice..

Web hosting india

How do we know said...

Hi Manish: Sikkim is like maayka for me now.. i go once a year... ab share karne jaisa kuchh special raha nahi.. Ladakh was new, so i wrote a whole series on it.. :-) thank you for asking!

Manish Raj said...

@ Workhard - Thanks. Coorg is a lovely place. Keep visiting.

@ HDWK - Lagta hai..i will have to plan sikkim...may be sometime early next year..this Dushehra..I am going to Munnar :)

How do we know said...

Oh wow.. Munnar is such a must visit kind of place.. have never been there, and am biding my time :-)

Oreen said...

Oh! you are from bangalore!
We keep doing Bylakuppe... and stay there often... did one bike ride with son and wife in 2006, and again went back in 2009...

nice post with nice, happy pics...

zirelda said...

Hi Manish,

I am so glad I came by to read this post. What beauty you experienced. So refreshing to the soul. It looks like a wonderful holiday.

I too envy the monks.

Manish Raj said...

@ HDWK - In all possibility Thoughsafari will join us. Try it.

@ Oreen - Are you too in Bangalore ?

@ Zirelda - Thank you so much.

Heavenly Muse said...

nice photo shots

Pinku said...

thats such a happy content post...

lovely pics too!